PREVIEW: You Can't Be Afraid To Fail - With 7 x BAFTA-Winning Producer Nicola Shindler!Aug 23, 2022
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 60 MINUTE recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
7 x BAFTA-winner, Nicola Shindler, is one of the most successful producers in TV FULL STOP!
After setting up Red Production Company in 1998, she went on to produce iconic shows including Queer As Folk, Clocking Off, Last Tango In Halifax, Happy Valley, Years and Years and It's A Sin, to name but a few.
After leaving Red in 2020, Nicola now heads-up her new production company Quay Street Productions.
Nicola was kind enough to invite us into the team's new offices to talk all things TV production, acting, casting & MORE!
During this podcast, we discuss:
- Quay Street Productions' first TV drama 'Nolly'.
- Why Nicola set up Red Production Company back in 1998.
- Nicola's very first TV drama for Red - 'Queer As Folk'.
- Why Russell T Davies was the first writer Nicola commissioned.
- Writing - what makes great writing and working with new writers.
- How high-end TV drama is funded and what it REALLY costs.
- Budgets - and how they are split between talent, production and post.
- How Nicola chooses casting directors for her shows.
- Nicola's involvement in casting - and why she watches EVERY audition tape.
- Discovering new talent and launching careers.
- Why Nicola chooses to work with the same talent on multiple shows.
- The traits Nicola has that have made her unstoppable.
- The TV dramas that Nicola just can't get commissioned.
- Nicola's most difficult career moment.
- The 3 BIGGEST things life has taught Nicola so far.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Want to learn how to make BAFTA-winning drama?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!