PREVIEW: Writing 'An Actor's Alphabet' - With TOP TV Actress Julie Hesmondhalgh!Nov 04, 2022
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Julie Hesmondhalgh is a national treasure!
From her 16 years as Hayley Cropper in Coronation Street, to leading roles in smash hits like Happy Valley, Broadchurch and Doctor Who - she's had an INCREDIBLE acting career so far!
In this 2 HOUR member-only mastermind, Julie shares many of the secrets to her success, we dive deep into 3 chapters of her brand new book - 'An Actor's Alphabet', discuss the key to good mental health in the acting industry - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Julie's entry into the industry, over 30 years ago.
- Why she got together with her friends to set up a theatre company.
- Grabbing opportunity - and why so few actors are brave enough to do so.
- Julie's first scene on 'Coronation Street' as Hayley Cropper.
- What she learned from her 16 years on the cobbles.
- Julie's INCREDIBLE new book, 'An Actor's Alphabet' - and why she wrote it.
- Fame, failure & filling the well.
- Mental health and staying well, whilst pursuing an acting career.
- 5 things Julie does to stay on top of her mental game.
- Work - paid, unpaid and making your own.
- Looking at auditions as just an OPPORTUNITY to act.
- How Julie created the character of Hayley Cropper.
- Day player roles and auditioning when there's not much dialogue.
- The ONE thing Julie wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Looking for a boost of inspiration?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!