PREVIEW: The Reality Of Winning An Oscar - With Academy Award-Winning Writer & Actress Rachel Shenton!Mar 16, 2023
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
To the outside world, Academy Award-winning writer and actress Rachel Shenton has it all.
Looks, fame, fortune - and of course her Oscar, for the 2018 short film, The Silent Child.
In this 2 HOUR heart to heart, we talk all things acting, dive deep into the price of great success and Rachel shares what's it really like to win one of the most prestigious awards on Earth.
During this podcast, we discuss:
- Why Rachel became an actress - and her first foray into the industry.
- Juggling 3 day jobs in the early years.
- Why it's so important for actors to find work they don't hate.
- Rachel's first few TV credits and the hustle it took to get them.
- Landing the role of Mitzeee on 'Hollyoaks'.
- Why Rachel left the show and how she formed an exit plan.
- A life-threatening illness that changed everything for Rachel.
- Going to America in pursuit of work.
- How Rachel managed to get herself written into ABC show 'Switched At Birth'.
- Writing 'The Silent Child' as a simple passion project.
- Winning an Oscar for 'The Silent Child' - and what that meant for Rachel's career.
- Why Rachel deleted the script for 'The Silent Child' feature film.
- How personal development has been key to Rachel's inner-peace.
- Starring in 'All Creatures Great And Small' for Channel 5.
- The 3-part BBC drama that Rachel is writing.
- The 3 TRUTHS Rachel wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Another DEEP and highly personal conversation.
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!