PREVIEW: Stick At It And Keep Going - With 'Brassic', 'Doctor Who' & 'Stay Close' Director Daniel O'Hara!Nov 12, 2021
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Daniel O'Hara has been working at the very top of TV for almost 2 decades, having directed HUGE shows like Doctor Who, Sky's smash hit comedy Brassic and worldwide Netflix sensation The Stranger.
He's just wrapped on what's looking like one of the biggest Netflix shows for 2022 - Stay Close from creator Harlan Coben.
In this 2 HOUR deep-dive, Daniel pulls the curtain back on what it was like directing these shows, we discuss Daniel's casting process, how he gets the very best out of his actors on set - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Daniel's entry into the industry and how he got his first break directing TV.
- Sky One's 'Brassic' and how the show was cast.
- The importance of naturalistic performances, even in an unnatural world.
- How the 'Brassic' cast built incredible rapport before the first readthrough.
- Directing Netflix smash hit 'The Stranger' and Richard Armitage's secret to an authentic performance.
- 'Doctor Who' and working on green screen.
- Why actors really need to COMMIT to the world they are working within.
- The self-tape that blew Daniel away!
- How to stand out when taping for smaller, procedural roles.
- Auditioning for Daniel and the use of improvisation at a casting.
- Diversity in casting and how things are getting better.
- Drama school and if it's really worth it?
- Why so many "no's" are NOTHING to do with your acting ability.
- The ONE thing Daniel wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Wanna work on the biggest shows on Earth?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!