PREVIEW: Put The Industry Down & Pick It Up LIGHTER - With Top TV Director Matt Holt!Sep 20, 2022
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 90 MINUTE recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Matt Holt is a Rose d’Or and Cannes Lion winning TV director, whose razor sharp attention to script and performance is at the heart of everything he does.
His credits include top serial dramas Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, EastEnders and Emmerdale, comedies like Lunch Monkeys and Off Their Rockers...
And he's currently directing upcoming BBC drama A Kind Of Spark!
Matt's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet in TV and is ALWAYS on the hunt for new acting talent!
During this podcast, we discuss:
- How Matt got involved with his latest project - 'A Kind Of Spark'.
- Casting and working with neurodiverse actors and creatives.
- The complexity of casting families in TV drama.
- Matt's vast CV and why he's chosen the work he has.
- How Matt's got to develop a script for Colin Firth's production company - Raindog Films.
- Accepting that much of the acting industry is out of our control.
- What makes a great actor for Matt.
- Casting actors from self-tapes - and standing out from the crowd.
- How Matt gets the best out of his actors on set.
- Learning to enjoy the audition process.
- Why Matt always brings his own actors into the audition room.
- Getting on Matt's casting radar.
- Giving actors their first TV job.
- Finding other things in the industry that give you a buzz.
- Asking for what you WANT from life.
- Why having 4 children has kept Matt sane.
- Knocking on every door, until one opens.
- The 3 BIGGEST things life has taught Matt so far.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Ready for some game-changing career advice?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!