PREVIEW: Living Beyond Your Circumstances - With ‘Leading Actress’ BAFTA Nominee Ruth Madeley!Aug 20, 2018
I met Ruth Madeley whilst auditioning for Jack Thorne's BAFTA-winning BBC drama Don't Take My Baby back in 2014, and have wanted to get her on Act On This ever since.
Ruth is not only a phenomenal actress, but also a massive inspiration - having continually beaten the odds in both her acting career and in life itself.
Born with spina bifida and a spinal condition known as scoliosis, Ruth grew up thinking that the acting industry wouldn't be open to people like her.
Her journey to BAFTA fame has been a long and winding one for sure!
During our chat, Ruth and I discuss:
- Why you don't need drama school to be nominated for a BAFTA.
- The audition process we both went through for 'Don't Take My Baby'.
- Getting in the zone before highly emotional audition scenes.
- Losing out on castings that you know you are PERFECT for. If disabled actors are represented well enough in TV?
- Being nominated for a BAFTA in the same category as your acting heroes.
- What it's like behind the scenes at the BAFTAs.
- Ruth's hopes and fears for the future.
- Ruth's most valuable advice to anyone starting out in the acting industry today.
And MUCH MUCH more!
If you have a dream, but you're facing adversity right now - you NEED to watch this!
Watch a PREVIEW of this interview above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!