PREVIEW: Let's Talk Mental Health & Acting - With 'Emmerdale' Actor Danny Miller!Oct 15, 2021
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 90 MINUTE recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Mental health and acting? Not really spoken about enough is it?
Well, in this feature I wanted to change that, with the help of Emmerdale's Danny Miller.
Not only is Danny an incredible actor - winning the 'Best Actor' gong at The British Soap Awards THREE times... he's also a real advocate for mental health, having suffered with bouts of anxiety and depression for many years.
In this 90 MINUTE deep-dive, we pull the curtain back on what life is really like as a full-time serial drama actor, we look at the 5 most common things that screw up actors' mental health, Danny shares his best strategies to truly master your mindset - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Danny's background and entry into the acting industry.
- When he first noticed that his mental health might have been suffering.
- Anxiety - and why it's completely normal to feel it.
- Controlling anxiety and looking at it as a positive.
- Danny's first experience with depression.
- Being prescribed anti-depressants and what they did for Danny.
- Asking for help when you need it.
- Comparison - and why so many actors hurt their mental health by comparing their career to others.
- Imposter syndrome and why actors feel it.
- Mental health and age.
- Why caring too much about other people's opinions is a losing strategy.
- Social media and its impact on actors' mental health.
- What becoming a father is doing to Danny's mental health right now.
- The ONE thing Danny wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you're ready to master your mental game...
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!