PREVIEW: How To Work With Your Agent & Not Against Them - With Janet Hampson (JHPM Ltd)!Apr 17, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Janet Hampson is one of the most rounded professionals in TV!
Starting out in the industry as an actress, she went on to become a TV producer, before establishing a decade-long career as a TOP TV comedy casting director.
Janet has now embarked on a new career, as an agent - heading up Janet Hampson Personal Management Ltd.
ln this 90 MINUTE online Q&A, Janet explains what she's looking for as a new agent, and gives members of Act On This, some 1-2-1 career coaching!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- A brief history on Janet's experience - as an actress, producer and casting director.
- What made Janet want to become an agent, and how she launched JHPM Ltd.
- The type of actor that Janet is currently seeking.
- What makes an actor stand out to an agent.
- How to write to agents, what to say, and what NOT to say.
- The most under-utilised tool on Spotlight - and why you should start using it.
- Actors' headshots, and why they are the first thing Janet looks at.
- Showreels - and why less is sometimes more.
- How to work WITH your agent, to reach out to casting directors.
- The best way to approach an agent, if you've been out of the industry for a while.
- Using text and social media to build the best working relationship with your agent.
- Self-tapes and why they matter more than ever.
- Whether anyone really cares about where you trained or not?
- How agents have to work to get on the radar of casting directors too.
- What YOU should ask an agent, when meeting for the first time.
- Having agents in different parts of the world.
- How European actors can maximise their opportunity in the UK market.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Janet REALLY knows her stuff folks!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!