PREVIEW: How To Land Voiceover Work - With Voice Of 'The X Factor' Peter Dickson!May 05, 2019
Peter Dickson is one of the world's LEADING voiceover artists - with a career spanning more than 40 years, and a CV boasting over 250 of the biggest TV shows to have ever graced out screens.
You'll have heard Peter's voice countless times - he's the instantly recognisable voice of the The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent.
Something you might not know though - is that Peter runs THE LARGEST voiceover training company ON THE PLANET - www.gravyforthebrain.com.
I sat down with Peter to get the full low down on what it takes to build a career in voiceover, and get members of Act On This an EXCLUSIVE 25% DISCOUNT on voiceover mentoring from the man himself!
* Visit www.actonthis.tv/gravy for full details on that discount, and upcoming online trainings, from Act On This and Gravy For The Brain.
During our chat, Peter and I discuss:
- How Peter got involved with voiceover, more than 40 years ago.
- What you MUST focus on first - way before looking for paid voiceover work.
- The skills you'll need to become a GREAT voiceover artist.
- The types of voiceover work out there.
- How the internet has made the VO industry SUPER-accessible.
- How 'pay to play' sites work, and the key to getting VO work from them.
- Voicereels - and at what point you should get one.
- Why your network is CRITICAL, and where you should go to expand it.
- The VO technique that EVERY new voiceover artists struggles with.
- How Peter landed the X Factor job.
- Why he almost left the show in 2015.
- Why Peter set up Gravy For The Brain.
- The myriad of voiceover trying that GFTB offers.
- An EXCLUSIVE opportunity to SAVE 25% on that training.
- Peter's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
Prepare to be inspired by this wonderful actress.
What are you waiting for?
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!