PREVIEW: Hanging In Long Enough To Get Your Break - With 'Sorry We Missed You' Actor Kris Hitchen!Nov 01, 2019
*Watch the video version of this podcast above, or go ahead and hit 'play' on the audio-only version below! The choice is yours!
I first met Kris Hitchen, helping Dan Hubbard cast a hard-hitting charity advert.
There was something VERY different about Kris though - he had an authenticity I'd rarely seen in an actor - and I wasn't surprised he landed the job.
Since then, I've kept a close eye on this guy's career - knowing it would only be a matter of time, until something BIG happened to him.
It did happen - as Kris recently landed the lead role of Ricky in Ken Loach's latest masterpiece Sorry We Missed You.
I had to get Kris in front of the mic, to tell us all about it!
During our chat, Kris and I discuss:
- Kris' early love of acting, and how it was bullied out of him.
- The decades of his life, spent as a plumber.
- His return to acting, later in life.
- That charity commercial - and the acting technique he used to smash it!
- Depression and the 3 days of life coaching that changed EVERYTHING.
- Why owning LESS, actually gives you MORE!
- His chance encounter with Ken Loach in his 20's and an early miss at stardom.
- Why knowing yourself is so important for an actor.
- The number of times Kris gave up on acting, but fate dragged him back in.
- The hustle Kris had to put in to find about about the 'Sorry We Missed You' casting.
- The casting process for the film, and the improvisation that changed his career forever.
- Working with Ken Loach, and the surprising ways he operates on set.
- Kris' BIGGEST lessons from working on 'Sorry We Missed You'.
- The new opportunities it's now lead to.
- What happiness is, and why it's so hard to come by at times.
- Kris' TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
THIS podcast will BLOW YOU AWAY!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!