PREVIEW: Breaking Into Comedy - With Emmy-Winning Casting Director Rachel Freck CDG!
May 08, 2020
*Watch the video version of this broadcast above, or go ahead and hit 'play' on the audio-only version below! The choice is yours!
Emmy-winning casting director Rachel Freck has cast some of the BIGGEST shows to ever grave our screens.
Specialising in comedy, Rachel has been responsible for casting HUGE hits like Ricky Gervais' The Office, Peep Show, W1A, as well as Apple TV's latest comedy smash, Trying.
In this 2 HOUR Q&A, we dive into Rachel's EXACT casting process, discuss what it REALLY takes to break into TV comedy, and members of Act On This jump on camera, for some 1-2-1 career coaching!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Rachel's journey into casting, and her Emmy win.
- What it was like working with Ricky Gervais, casting the 'The Office'.
- Rachel's EXACT casting process.
- How Rachel discovers new actors, to cast in her shows.
- What actors can do to get onto Rachel's radar.
- Why actors with funny bones, should be writing and performing their own material.
- Rachel's relationship with agents, and how she works with them.
- What Rachel expects from actors in the audition room.
- The questions ALL actors should be asking at a comedy casting.
- The fine balance between comedy and drama.
- Self-tapes - and how many takes to give to a casting director.
- Being 'off book' for auditions - and how important that is.
- How to get seen for comedy, if you only have drama on your showreel.
- Writing to casting directors, and knowing what to say.
- The future of casting - and Rachel's upcoming projects.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
This is ESSENTIAL for any actor wanting to work in comedy!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!
> GRAB YOUR MEMBERSHIP!
UNLOCK ALL PREMIUM CONTENT NOW!
Grab a PREMIUM Act On This Membership & Unlock OVER 200 HOURS of audio & video content, from the GREATEST minds in the acting industry!