PREVIEW: An Audition Is An Opportunity To Act - With 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Director Ian Bevitt!Mar 09, 2022
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Ian Bevitt is one of the most experienced TV directors in serial drama - with OVER 450 episodes of Coronation Street and Emmerdale under his belt!
In this 2 HOUR member-only mastermind, we dive deep into Ian's casting process for these shows, discuss what makes an actor stand out at an audition, find out what makes Ian want to work with an actor again and again - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Ian's entry into the industry and his directorial debut in live news.
- His transition into TV drama in the 1990's.
- Where Ian goes to look for new acting talent.
- The audition process for 'Coronation Street' and 'Emmerdale'.
- Why every audition is simply an opportunity to act.
- The little-known things a director is looking for in an audition.
- Taking direction in a casting - and why it's crucial to landing the job.
- Self-tapes and how to stand out.
- Day player roles - and why your 6 lines don't have to be bland.
- Making an impact on set, so you get asked back again and again.
- Developing tenacity when auditions don't go your way.
- Getting on Ian's casting radar.
- Working in UK serial drama as a foreign actor.
- The ONE thing Ian wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Want to work in serial drama?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!