PREVIEW: Acting Success After 35 - With Star Of ITV's 'The Bay' Erin Shanagher!Mar 04, 2022
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Too many actors put unnecessary pressure on themselves, when it comes to 'making it' by a certain age.
The truth is that we're all on our own clock - and there is space in this industry for EVERYONE!
In this 2 HOUR member-only mastermind, Erin Shanagher walks us through her journey - as an actor who didn't get her break til 35.
We look at all of the times she wanted to quit, the battle to get on casting directors' radars, how she landed the lead role of D.S. Karen Hobson in ITV's The Bay - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Erin's entry into the acting industry and where it all began.
- Experiencing success a little later in life - and the importance of PATIENCE!
- Grafting for every opportunity you can get.
- Transitioning from day player roles to guest leads and series regulars.
- The importance of your network.
- Agents - and finding the right match.
- Inviting agents to shows and getting client recommendations.
- Changing agents when the time is right.
- What to do when an agent drops you.
- The London/ Manchester divide.
- Reaching out to casting directors the right way.
- Not being afraid to sell your talent.
- Writing emails with context.
- Erin's audition for 'The Bay' - and why she had so few lines.
- Why Erin learned sign language for 'The Bay'.
- Drama school - and why it might NOT be of value.
- Dealing with negativity and trolls in the industry.
- The ONE thing Erin wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Ready for some truly HONEST career advice?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!