PREVIEW: What It Takes To Win An Oscar - With ‘The Silent Child’ Actress & Writer Rachel Shenton!Aug 20, 2018
I met Rachel Shenton, when we were both working on Hollyoaks - many moons ago.
A couple of years back, she started talking to me about a film she wanted to write, about a deaf girl, born into a hearing family.
I thought it sounded like an amazing idea, but we both knew it would require a tremendous amount of work to make it a reality.
Fast forward to the present day, and that film is not only a reality, it's just won Rachel AN OSCAR!
Of course, I had to invite Rachel down to MediaCityUK for an interview all about The Silent Child and her INCREDIBLE journey!
During our chat, Rachel and I discussed:
- The mayhem that ensues when you win an Academy Award.
- What happened to Rachel upon leaving Hollyoaks, and why she looked to the US for acting work.
- The reason Rachel chose to begin writing a short film.
- The FEAR and 'imposter syndrome' she encountered as an actress, writing for the first time.
- How she went about funding The Silent Child.
- The process of shooting The Silent Child.
- Why she wanted to cry, the first time she saw the rough-cut of the film.
- How to attack the short film festival circuit.
- The first email she received from The Academy.
- The future of The Silent Child.
The advice Rachel would go back and give herself at the very start of the process.
And MUCH MUCH more!
You are going to LOVE THIS!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!