PREVIEW: We're All In The Same Boat - With Casting Director Catherine Willis CDG!Sep 16, 2020
Catherine Willis is one of the UK's most successful TV casting directors, responsible for casting some of the biggest shows to grace our screens.
Recent credits include Idris Elba's In The Long Run, Asim Chaudhry's People Just Do Nothing, Netflix smash The Duchess, and Ladhood - from the BAFTA nominated comedian, Liam Williams.
In this 2 HOUR deep dive, we get the full scoop on Catherine's casting process, look at the the best ways to get on Catherine's radar for an audition, and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- How Catherine started her 20 year casting career.
- The structure of Catherine's office - and the other key members of her team.
- The ways in which Catherine gets casting briefs out to actors and agents.
- The biggest shows Catherine has cast - and how she landed those jobs.
- Emailing casting directors and why actors MUST reach out.
- Self-tapes - and why casting from tape, gives Catherine MANY more opportunities to see you.
- Why writing and shooting your own material is such a good strategy.
- Showreels - and whether you should have separate drama and comedy reels.
- Why it's not the end of the world if you fluff an audition.
- Landing auditions with Catherine WITHOUT an agent.
- The decisions that go into casting, that you have NO CONTROL over.
- Headshots - and whether they need tailoring to drama or comedy.
- The ONE thing Catherine wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you want to work at the very TOP of TV comedy and drama...
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!