PREVIEW: Turning Adversity Into Advantage - With BAFTA-Nominated Actress Ruth Madeley!Aug 14, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
BAFTA-nominated actress, Ruth Madeley, has just been named 'Breakout Star' by The Times of London.
Known for her stand-out performances in shows like Years And Years, The Rook and upcoming BBC America series The Watch - she's crushing it right now.
But it's not been plain sailing for Ruth. Born with spina bifida, she's had to overcome more adversity than most actors.
In this 2 HOUR chat, Ruth explains how she's turned that adversity into her advantage, what REALLY happens to your career after a BAFTA nomination, and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- How Ruth's entry into the acting industry was a complete accident.
- Her first audition, and the dread she felt in the waiting room.
- What happened in that audition, and why she decided to stick with acting.
- Ruth's 2016 BAFTA nomination for 'Don't Take My Baby'.
- The BAFTA ceremony and how most people thought Ruth was a competition winner - not a nominee.
- What REALLY happens to your career, when you're nominated for a BAFTA.
- The heartache we face, when changing agents.
- Signing with Curtis Brown - and the opportunities that brought Ruth.
- Disability representation - and the pro's and cons of declaring your disability on a casting brief.
- The lessons Ruth learned from Anne Reid and Emma Thompson on 'Years And Years'.
- Dealing with imposter syndrome - as an untrained actor.
- How to handle pressure, on and off set.
- The ONE thing Ruth wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Ready to turn YOUR adversity into advantage?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!