PREVIEW: Trusting Your Gut - With 'Doctor Who' Casting Director Andy Pryor!Aug 20, 2018
Andy Pryor CDG is one of the UK's most respected casting directors.
Working in the highest echelons of TV, Andy's track record speaks for itself.
Andy's been responsible for casting more than 120 episodes of Doctor Who - including 5 new doctors, he's recently cast BBC's Undercover, Call The Midwife and The A Word, and he's just wrapped on a brand new series of Cold Feet.
Seeing first-hand how pro-active Andy is in discovering new talent, I was desperate to get him on Act On This for a podcast - so I dropped by his London offices for a chat about all things casting.
During our chat, Andy and I discussed:
- Andy's search for the latest Doctor Who companion - Pearl Mackie.
- Where Andy goes to unearth new talent.
- How you should word your email correspondence to Andy.
- Why you need to build self-confidence as an actor.
- What to do if you flunk an audition.
- Why it's SO important to trust your gut.
- What Andy would do if he was an actor starting out today.
- Andy's 3 pieces of life advice for every actor out there.
And MUCH MUCH more!
This was such a great chat with one of the country's most prolific casting directors - a MUST LISTEN for sure!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!