PREVIEW: The No Bullsh*t Approach To Getting An Acting Agent - With Agency Owner Cate Northern!May 20, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2.5 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Cate Northern is the new owner and CEO, of what used to be North West Actors - a boutique acting agency, established in 2007.
Now rebranded to Cate Northern - the agency is in a phase of real growth and expansion, both in the UK and globally.
ln this 2.5 HOUR chat, Cate explains her future plans for the agency, shares EXACTLY what she looks for when signing new talent, and gives Act On This members some fantastic 1-2-1 career coaching!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Cate's early career as an actor, and her journey to becoming an agent.
- The actor/ agent relationship - and why it HAS to be a partnership.
- Age - and why so many actors get hung on up 'getting old'.
- What Cate likes to see, when receiving emails from actors.
- Why research is EVERYTHING, when reaching out to an agent.
- Why it's okay to tell your agent that you don't want to work on certain projects.
- Headshots - and deciding on your 'most cast-able' look.
- Being aware of your casting type, but not boxing yourself in.
- Getting an agent, when you're not on Spotlight.
- Why it's critical to collaborate with other actors, to move your career forward.
- Transitioning from musical theatre, into TV.
- The location of your agent - and if it really matters?
- The pros and cons of moving to London.
- What to say to an agent, if you get invited for a meeting.
- Working with your agent to get on a casting director's radar.
- The ONE THING Cate wishes EVERY actor knew.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you're currently looking for an agent, you'd be mad to miss this!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!