PREVIEW: The Job Always Finds The Right Actor - With Casting Director Emma Stafford!Mar 24, 2019
Emma Stafford is one of the north's most loved casting directors.
Equally at home casting TV drama and commercials, her portfolio is diverse.
Emma has cast a whopping SEVEN series of 4 O'Clock Club for the BBC, she was responsible for Sky One's Stella, starring Ruth Jones, and casts both national and international commercials on a regular basis.
Operating from the perspective that the role always finds the right actor, I had to get Emma on a podcast, to find out more!
During our chat, Emma and I discussed:
- Emma's approach to casting BOTH drama and commercials.
- The rise in popularity of self-tapes, and how that allows Emma to see more actors.
- Why Emma isn't afraid to think outside the box when casting.
- The invisible pull she finds some actors have, and where it might come from.
- Why research and preparation are CRITICAL to audition success.
- Why you don't always need to be off-book in a casting.
- What happens when casting directors and execs can't agree on an actor.
- The reasons many actors are suffering with anxiety and depression.
- Why it's SO IMPORTANT to acknowledge your progress in this industry.
- Gratitude, and why it's vital for fulfilment.
- The money and fees available in the commercial world.
- How losing her mum in 2018 has affected Emma's life and career.
- What makes Emma happiest when casting.
- How Emma would attack the industry if she was an actor, starting out today.
- Emma's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
Emma gets really vulnerable in this chat too - get ready to find out lots about her life, as well as her career!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!