PREVIEW: Taking The Pressure Off - With Casting Associate Jonny Boutwood (Shaheen Baig Casting)!Jun 10, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Jonny Boutwood has worked as an associate to some of the BIGGEST casting directors in TV.
After working alongside Kate Rhodes James and Daniel Edwards, he now resides as associate to Shaheen Baig - responsible for casting shows such as Peaky Blinders, Giri/Haji, The Virtues, and Man Like Mobeen, to name but a few.
ln this 90 MINUTE chat, we dive deep into how the team work at Shaheen's office, learn what YOU can do to get on their radar, and Jonny gives members of Act On This, some 1-2-1 career advice!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Jonny's career so far, and the many casting directors he's worked alongside.
- The inner-workings of Shaheen Baig Casting.
- The team - and who's responsible for what.
- The taste of the office, and the kind of actors they like to see.
- Where the team go to find new talent.
- Reaching out to casting directors via email, and what actors should be writing, to make the best first impression.
- Auditions - and what 'making a bold choice' actually means in a casting.
- Casting 'Peaky Blinders' and using local, Birmingham talent.
- Showreels - and if monologues should be included?
- Agents - and the importance of their relationships with casting directors.
- Audition pre-chats, and what you should and shouldn't say.
- The number of actors Jonny sees for each role he's casting.
- Casting for shows across multiple countries.
- Why actors need to put less pressure on themselves.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Ready for some priceless insight, into one of the BIGGEST casting offices in the world?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!