PREVIEW: Stop Doubting Yourself - With Casting Director Emma Crompton!Oct 09, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Emma Crompton is an awesome film and TV casting director, having cut her teeth working as an assistant or associate to casting heavy-weights like Robert Sterne, Kate Rhodes James, Julie Harkin and Theo Park.
Her credits include Line Of Duty, War Of The Worlds, Military Wives, MotherFatherSon, Vanity Fair and Disney's Beauty And The Beast, to name but a few.
In this 2 HOUR deep dive, we get stuck into Emma's EIGHT years of casting experience, find out what YOU can do as an actor to bag the best auditions out there - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Emma's entry into the industry as an actress.
- Drama schools and where they are MASSIVELY lacking.
- Why Emma quit acting and started agenting.
- The ONE email that changed the game and kickstarted her career in casting.
- The differences between casting film and TV projects.
- Why relationships in the acting industry are EVERYTHING.
- Reaching out to casting directors - and why you should look at it like dating.
- Casting the day player roles - and why they are the most FUN!
- The best ways to build rapport with casting directors.
- Getting the most out of a showreel scene shoot.
- Working with your agent to get the auditions you actually want.
- Promoting your singing skills as an actor, when you don't want to do musical theatre.
- Getting auditions in the UK, when you live abroad.
- Emma's new coaching company 'The Casting Feed'.
- The ONE thing Emma wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you're currently looking for MORE AUDITIONS...
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!