PREVIEW: Setting Up As A Self-Employed Actor - With TOP Actors' Accountant Glyn Jelley!Apr 07, 2021
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Money - it's something that 90% of actors struggle with - and that's because so few start out seeing themselves as a real business.
Most fail to register themselves as self-employed on time, they're not clear on what expenses they can claim back on their tax returns - and many don't even know how to file a return, until it's too late.
Glyn Jelley is one of the acting industry's TOP accountants, looking after £multi-million production companies and high-level TV actors, directors and producers - ensuring their finances run smoothly and that they are as tax efficient as possible.
In this 2 HOUR mastermind, Glyn walks us through EVERY step of registering as self-employed, we look at an acting career as an actual business - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Why not looking at your acting career as a business can cost you £thousands in mistakes.
- At what point an actor should register as self-employed.
- Tax allowances and how much money actors should be putting aside from each job.
- National insurance liability and the ONE thing so many actors forget to do.
- When to pay your tax and what 'payments on account' are.
- Becoming tax efficient and the expenses actors are really allowed to claim.
- Self-employment whilst also working another job.
- More established actors and running finance through a LTD company.
- HMRC tax investigations - and why EVERYONE is at risk.
- Tax liabilities on income from crowdfunding acting projects.
- Paying UK tax if you're an internationally-based actor.
- Universal Credit and tax.
- Money mindset and committing to your acting career financially.
- The ONE thing Glyn wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you want to save yourself £hundreds or potentially £thousands...
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!