PREVIEW: Relationships Are Your Most Valuable Resource - With Casting Associate Rae Hendrie (Julie Harkin Casting)!Sep 02, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Rae Hendrie has been working in casting since 2012 and has been working at Julie Harkin Casting since 2015.
Having helped cast shows like BBC's The Salisbury Poisonings, The Luminaries and Karl Pilkington's Sick Of It - she's working at the very top of TV comedy and drama.
In this 2 HOUR deep dive, Rae explains the dynamics of Julie's office, tells us what it takes to audition for the team, discusses the power of industry relationships, and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Rae's career as an actress, and why she decided to transition into casting.
- The drama school relationship that changed the game for her.
- Working as an associate to some of the biggest casting directors in TV.
- The team at Julie Harkin Casting - and who's responsible for what.
- Reaching out to Julie and the team via email.
- Inviting the team to see your show.
- Showreels - and getting the mix of comedy and drama right.
- Why actors should never stop training.
- How interests outside of acting, can make you a far better actor.
- Auditioning - and the pre-audition casting chat.
- Taking risks - and why actors should be more 'ballsy'!
- How casting directors build relationships with agents.
- 'Taste' in actors - and what that means to a casting director.
- The ONE thing Rae wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Wanna know how to take your career to the next level?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!