PREVIEW: Quick-Fire Casting Roundtable - With Andy Pryor & Ri McDaid-Wren!Oct 07, 2019
Casting director Andy Pryor, and associate Ri McDaid-Wren, are 2 of my favourite people in the industry. Not only do they cast the BIGGEST shows on TV - Doctor Who, Gentleman Jack, Years And Years, The A Word... - they are also a real force for GOOD!
After recently attending a drama readthrough with Andy and Ri - I took the opportunity to drag them back to my apartment, for a quick-fire, roundtable podcast, on all things casting and auditions.
During our chat, Andy, Ri and I discuss:
- Casting the biggest drama on TV.
- When to reach out to a casting director, and what to say!
- What NOT to say, and how not to overdo it.
- What makes for a great audition.
- Why it's SO IMPORTANT to create your own work.
- The mindset shift that actors need to make towards auditions.
- The hustle required to land your first TV credit.
- Why casting directors want EVERYONE to be GREAT!
- The production values required for self-tapes - they're not what you think!
- The double-edged sword of social media.
- Agents - and their relationships with casting directors.
- Why Andy and Ri DON'T need you to be with one of the BIGGEST agents.
- Diversity - and why it REALLY matters to Andy and Ri!
- Persistence - and why you MUST keep going, even when it's hard!
And MUCH MUCH more!
If you're scared to put yourself out there - you NEED to hear this!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!