PREVIEW: Performing In Period Drama - With 'Downton Abbey' Casting Director Jill Trevellick!May 28, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Jill Trevellick has received more Emmy nominations for casting, than any other casting director in the UK.
Although she doesn't cast period drama exclusively, Jill's been involved in some of the BIGGEST historical shows to ever grace our screens - Downton Abbey, Belgravia and Sanditon, to name but a few.
ln this 2 HOUR chat, Jill pulls back the curtain on her casting process, explains what it takes to work in big budget period drama, and gives Act On This members some fantastic 1-2-1 career coaching!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- A brief history of Jill's journey into casting.
- Why you only need 10 people in the industry, to have your back.
- Casting 'Downton Abbey' - the highs and the lows.
- Giving new talent their first break.
- Getting your self-tape right - and using the Act On This community to get help.
- Whether it's only certain actors that suit period drama?
- Agents - and which ones receive Jill's casting breakdowns.
- Showreels - and why Jill looks for QUALITY over quantity.
- Why actors need to invest in themselves more.
- Finding your casting bracket - and showing it in your headshot.
- Mixing comedy and drama on a showreel.
- Returning to the industry after having a baby.
- Accents - and if RP is essential in period pieces?
- Dealing with highly emotional scenes in a casting.
- How agents get on Jill's list.
- Why Jill wants EVERY actor she auditions, to win!
- And MUCH MUCH more!
There is SO MUCH VALUE in this chat!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!