PREVIEW: Landing Acting Work In Video Games - With Performance Capture Casting Director Jessica Jefferies CDG!Aug 20, 2021
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Jessica Jefferies is one of less than a handful of UK casting directors, focusing primarily on performance capture for video games and VFX.
With video game budgets regularly topping Hollywood film budgets, the space is now the FASTEST growing sector of the acting industry.
In this 2 HOUR deep-dive, we take a look at the first steps required to enter the video game market as an actor. We delve into the tech, the terminology, Jessica's casting process, getting on her radar for auditions - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Jessica's transition from performance capture artist, to performance capture casting director.
- The terminology of the performance capture world and the areas of work within it.
- The technology involved on set and how it works.
- Jessica's EXACT casting process when she takes on a new project.
- Her work on the next 'Peaky Blinders' VR game.
- Why you MUSN'T lie about your height in the performance capture world.
- Getting on Jessica's casting radar and what you MUST have on your Spotlight profile, to give yourself a higher chance of auditions.
- The ONE critical thing to think about when auditioning for performance capture projects.
- Extra skills that make for a great performance capture artist.
- Emailing Jessica and how to get it right.
- Working in performance capture as a disabled actor.
- The best performance capture workshops to attend.
- The ONE thing Jessica wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you want to act in video games, THIS is invaluable!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!