PREVIEW: Have Confidence In Your Own Ability - With BAFTA-Nominated Actor Daniel Mays!Jun 24, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Daniel Mays is one of the most in-demand actors in the UK right now, recently starring alongside Stephen Graham in Sky's Code 404, and taking a leading role in new Netflix thriller White Lines.
Daniel's film career involves smash hits like Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Sam Mendes' 1917.
He's recently wrapped on new ITV drama, Des - starring alongside David Tennant and Jason Watkins.
ln this 2 HOUR chat, we dive deep into Daniel's journey into the industry, the secrets to his success, and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 career advice too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Danny's entry into the industry and his love for Michael Jackson.
- Training at Sylvia Young Theatre School as a kid.
- Going all-in and training at RADA.
- Why Danny started working in casting after graduation.
- Agents - and why Danny has had the same one for 20 years!
- Danny's first TV role in 'EastEnders'.
- What Danny learned, when working with Mike Leigh.
- Working with Sam Mendes on '1917'.
- Dealing with self-doubt and worry as an actor.
- Advice for drama school graduates, looking for their first job.
- Preparing for BOTH TV and theatre auditions.
- Being happy with your performance, without getting complacent.
- Dyslexia - and why dyslexic actors must let their agents and casting directors know they are dyslexic.
- How Danny approaches intimate scenes as an actor.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Danny is such a generous guy - you're gonna love this!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!