PREVIEW: Getting That Guest Role - With Coronation Street Director Nic Phillips!Nov 04, 2018
Nic Phillips has been a TV director for almost 40 years - and in that time he's directed some iconic shows!
Everything from Grange Hill to Casualty, The Bill, Birds Of A Feather, Goodnight Sweetheart, My Family, and EastEnders.
As I type this, Nic is over on the cobbles, directing Coronation Street.
I know LOTS of actors in the Act On This community, are currently looking for guest roles in shows like Coronation Street and EastEnders - so I couldn't think of anyone better to sit down with, and quiz, on how to make that happen!
During our chat, Nic and I discussed:
- Nic's 40 years as a director.
- The casting process behind serial dramas like Corrie & EastEnders.
- How to get the attention of serial drama casting directors.
- Why most actors fail in serial drama auditions.
- How Nic categorises auditionees into A, B and C lists.
- What those A-listers are doing to book roles.
- How to ensure you work with Nic again, once you've booked a guest role.
- The EXACT on-set process of shooting a guest role.
- The CRITICAL importance of a can-do attitude.
- Why having a tough life, leads to an easier ride in the acting industry.
- The secrets behind Nic's success as a director.
- Why you should NEVER look to other people for blame.
- Nic's greatest life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
This is a WHOPPER - get a pen and paper ready!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!