PREVIEW: Getting An Agent's Attention - With Agent & Founder Of WGM Atlantic Guy Howe!Sep 11, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
WGM Atlantic represents acting and creative talent, both in the UK and America.
With clients working at the very top of TV and theatre, the agency has grown into a powerhouse, built on great relationships, incredible clients, and innovation through technology.
In this 2 HOUR deep dive, WGM agent and founder Guy Howe, explains what he looks for when signing new actors, how YOU can get an agent's attention for all the right reasons, and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Guy's route into agenting, and why he established WGM Atlantic in 2014.
- The structure of WGM Atlantic - and its offices in Manchester, London and New York.
- The abundance of opportunity created by Netflix, Amazon Prime & Apple TV+.
- What it was that made Guy sign his last client.
- What Guy would do, if he was an actor, looking to sign with WGM.
- Building the very best relationship with your agent.
- Whether actors NEED to be based in London, to truly succeed in the UK market.
- Figuring out your USP - and selling it to an agent and the industry.
- Knowing when it's time to leave an agent.
- Whether you can ever be too bold, when approaching an agent for representation.
- What to include - and what NOT to include - in your emails to agents.
- How to approach a new agent, if you were dropped by your last.
- Being an actor/writer - and how best to get rep for both disciplines.
- Showreel scenes - and how not to overdo them.
- The ONE thing Guy wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Want some real, HONEST advice on how to land your next agent?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!