PREVIEW: Get The First Draft Done - With Writer & 'Brassic' Co-Creator Danny Brocklehurst!May 28, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
BAFTA and International Emmy-winning writer, Danny Brocklehurst, is one of the greatest talents we have in UK TV.
His recent work includes co-creating SMASH-HIT Sky comedy Brassic, with Joe Gilgun, and writing on Netflix global smash The Stranger.
ln this 2 HOUR chat, Danny delves deep into his writing process, explains the critical importance of getting that first draft done, and gives Act On This members some fantastic 1-2-1 career coaching!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Danny's life, starting out as a journalist.
- His early play-writing career, and how he initially got his work seen.
- The chance meeting with Paul Abbott, which would change Danny's career forever.
- How he forged his formidable relationship with Red Production Company.
- Danny first TV projects, and how he ended up writing 'Shameless'.
- The first time Danny met Joe Gilgun - and how he was instantly sold on 'Brassic'.
- How Danny works with Joe, to storyline the show.
- Why Sky commissioned series 3 of 'Brassic', BEFORE series 2 had even aired.
- Casting 'Brassic' as a writer.
- Why Danny still writes his first drafts BY HAND.
- The software Danny uses to write his scripts.
- Getting your work read by established writers.
- Copyrighting your work - and if it's even worth it?
- Balancing comedy and drama in a script.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If YOU'VE got an idea for a TV script - you NEED to watch this!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!