PREVIEW: Finding YOUR OWN Way Into Acting - With 'Years And Years' Actress Lydia West!May 21, 2019
Lydia West is, in my opinion, one of TV's brightest young stars - recently appearing as Bethany, in Russell T Davies' era-defining drama, Years And Years.
I first met Lydia at the read-through for the show, and didn't know at the time, that I'd go on to play Billy - Bethany's boss.
It was during filming where I discovered Lydia's less than typical entry into the acting industry, and the inspiring story that has brought her to where she is today.
I just had to invite her over to record a podcast, to tell you guys all about it too!
During our chat, Lydia and I discuss:
- Lydia's first foray into the world of performance.
- The injury that would change the course of her life forever.
- Her decision NOT to train at a traditional drama school.
- The fringe play that landed her one of the BIGGEST agents in the industry.
- The months of hard work, rejection, and perseverance that followed.
- Lydia's big break, and her audition for Years And Years.
- Why you should ALWAYS just be yourself at castings.
- Landing the role of Bethany and Lydia's first day on set.
- Lydia's biggest takeaway from her first lead role on TV.
- Why you shouldn't listen to anyone else's opinion but your own.
- The bad advice that could have stopped Lydia's career in its tracks.
- Why the well-trodden path isn't always the one you should take.
- Lydia's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
You are going to LOVE THIS.
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!