PREVIEW: Finding Your Focus - With 'Downton Abbey' & 'Ackley Bridge' Actor Rob James-Collier!May 06, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 3 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
If you've been around Act On This a while, you'll know that Downton Abbey and Ackley Bridge actor, Rob James-Collier, is a great friend of the site.
Fresh off the set of brand new Netflix drama, Fate: The Winx Saga, I asked Rob back for a LIVE broadcast like no other.
In this 3 HOUR chat, we looked at the key components that have made Rob so successful, got members of Act On This on camera for some 1-2-1 career coaching, and blew everyone's mind with #RobsBigQuiz!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Rob's most recent work on 'Fate: The Winx Saga' and 'Ackley Bridge'.
- Why drama school isn't essential, BUT... training somewhere is.
- The importance of focus, and setting goals in your acting career.
- When it's okay to say 'no' to acting work.
- Investing in your acting career, rather than external bullsh*t.
- Preparing for auditions, and the mistake Rob made in his casting for 'Fate: The Winx Saga'.
- Reaching out to casting directors, and how Rob makes sure he stands out.
- Where to begin, if you are BRAND NEW to the acting industry.
- What to do when your actual age, might not match your playing age.
- Communicating your uniqueness to the industry.
- Standing out on social media, and asking the industry for more!
- Agents - knowing who to sign with, and knowing when it's time to change.
- Rob's audition hack - to guarantee you'll book more work.
- Why we're getting Rob a Twitter account ASAP.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Ready for 3 HOURS of learning and A LOT of laughs?
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!