PREVIEW: Embracing Your Uniqueness - With 'LIFE' Actress Melissa Johns!Oct 28, 2019
*Watch the video version of this podcast above, or go ahead and hit 'play' on the audio-only version below! The choice is yours!
Melissa Johns is a PERFECT example of an actress who has used her adversity, to her ADVANTAGE!
The acting industry is tough enough for any of us, but in a world where body-image is so often front and centre - being born with only one arm, certainly throws up an extra hurdle.
Melissa dropped by after a long day's filming on new BBC drama, LIFE - to explain why your UNIQUENESS is actually the key to standing out, and booking work, in this overcrowded industry!
During our chat, Melissa and I discuss:
- New BBC One drama LIFE - and Melissa's character, Hannah Taylor.
- The Disabled Artists Networking Community - and why Melissa set it up.
- Her drama school training and why you shouldn't get too caught up on drama school.
- How Melissa landed her first agent, and why she is still with them, 7 YEARS LATER!
- Why she hated her body when she was younger, and would do ANYTHING to hide her disability.
- How embracing her uniqueness changed the game for her.
- Landing the role of Imogen Pascoe in Coronation Street.
- Her phone-hacking and the leak of intimate images and videos, in the press.
- How Melissa deals with the down-time between jobs.
- What YOU should be doing RIGHT NOW, if you're not currently working.
- Why Melissa moved from London to Manchester.
- The resilience you develop ONLY through adversity.
- Why your network is EVERYTHING!
- Her upcoming one-woman show - based on the worst week of her life.
- Melissa's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
If you're currently hiding the REAL YOU from the world - you NEED to hear this!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!