PREVIEW: Embracing Your Otherness - With TOP TV Casting Team 'Daniel Edwards Casting'!Mar 23, 2022
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Daniel Edwards is one of the most successful casting directors in TV, whose credits include smash hits like Line Of Duty and Showtrial, ground-breaking shows like Then Barbara Met Alan and Netflix juggernauts including Heartstopper.
In this 2 HOUR member-only mastermind, he's joined by team mates Lucy Allen and Tom Payne, to discuss the future of casting - focusing particularly on diversity and inclusion.
We discuss why almost EVERY actor is marginalised to some degree, what YOU can do to make the most of your 'otherness', how the industry REALLY IS changing for the better - and members of Act On This get to ask their career questions too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- The setup at Daniel Edwards Casting and who makes up the team.
- Casting 90%+ disabled actors in 'Then Barbara Met Alan'.
- Why disabled actors have been so hard to employ in the past.
- The excuses TV networks can NO LONGER make.
- LGBTQIA+ actors and casting Netflix's 'Heartstopper'.
- Why you don't need to be gay or disabled to be marginalised.
- How to embrace your 'otherness' to land more casting opportunities.
- Whether every role really can be opened up to EVERY actor?
- The projects the team are working on right now.
- Introducing yourself to Daniel and the team - the RIGHT WAY!
- The EXACT time to send the team an email.
- The diverse conversations the industry still needs to have.
- The ONE thing the team wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you've ever felt different - THIS is the feature for you!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!