PREVIEW: Casting 'Downton Abbey' - With Emmy Nominated Casting Director Jill Trevellick!Aug 20, 2018
ITV's Downton Abbey is perhaps the UK's BIGGEST EVER TV hit - making waves across the globe.
It's one of those shows that any actor on the planet would be happy to take a cameo in.
The show has broken record after record at awards ceremonies, seeing it earn the most nominations of any international television series in the history of the Primetime Emmy Awards, with twenty-seven in total, after just two seasons!
One of those Emmy nominations went to the show's casting director - the wonderful Jill Trevellick!
I took the opportunity to sit down with Jill to ask her what goes into her Emmy nominated casting process.
Topics of discussion included:
- Jill's casting process for Downton and other primetime dramas.
- Why Jill still relies on the hardcopy Spotlight books to aid with casting.
- The things you should and shouldn't include in an email to a casting director.
- Jill's preferred showreel formula.
- The urban myths and rumours around Downton's casting.
- Why Jill LOVES finding new talent and launching the careers of unknowns.
- The number one reason why actors fail in auditions.
And MUCH MUCH more!
Jill is a tour de force in casting and this podcast provides an invaluable insight into Jill's work and the acting industry in general.
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!