PREVIEW: Casting Continuing Drama - With BBC Casting Department's Emma Sylvester!Jun 02, 2021
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Emma Sylvester is a crucial part of the BBC's in-house casting team, working in its continuing drama department.
She's currently assisting John Cannon & Stephen Moore, casting Holby City and also spends time casting Doctors too.
In this 2 HOUR deep-dive, Emma explains EXACTLY how casting works at the BBC, what YOU need to do to get on the team's casting radar for shows like EastEnders, Casualty, Holby City and Doctors, we delve into the audition strategy required to land your first/ next TV role - and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 coaching too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Emma's entry into the industry and her transition from acting to casting.
- The BBC casting department and EXACTLY who casts what.
- The vast number of actors the department needs to cast every year.
- How YOU can get on the team's casting radar.
- The BBC's casting process - for both self-tapes and in-person auditions.
- What the team need to see from you, in order to give you the role.
- How to level up from day player to regular character status.
- Emma's advice for actors, if casting directors just AREN'T responding.
- Asking for what you need in a casting - and not being afraid to have a voice.
- Self-tape deadlines and requesting extra time if necessary.
- Emailing the team and each casting director separately.
- Approaching the team if you don't have an agent.
- Making sure your showreel packs a punch.
- Using continuing drama as the perfect training ground.
- The ONE thing Emma wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you're looking for a job in BBC continuing drama...
Hit 'play' NOW!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!