PREVIEW: Casting Actors From A Writer’s Perspective - With ‘Poldark’ Creator Debbie Horsfield!Aug 20, 2018
When I bumped into BAFTA-nominated writer and creator of BBC One's Poldark, Debbie Horsfield, at a recent readthrough - I just HAD to ask her to take part in a podcast with me.
You see, we hear about casting from a casting director and director's perspective all the time - but NEVER from a writer's perspective.
Writers play a HUGE part in casting their shows, particularly with many of them being exec producers too.
I caught up with Debbie to get her view on casting, along with the keys to writing a TOP TV drama!
During our chat, Debbie and I discussed:
- Why we ALL have our own insecurities, regardless of success!
- How Debbie got her first ever break as a writer.
- Why you only ever need permission from yourself to START anything!
- Why taking a side job WITHIN the industry is way better than a standard 9-5.
- The point at which Debbie gets involved with casting.
- What actors should say, when asked about a script at audition.
- Why Debbie watches EVERY casting tape!
- Why you should embrace self-taping and get GREAT at it!
- What success means to Debbie.
- Debbie's success habits.
- The advice Debbie would go back and give her 20 year-old self.
And MUCH MUCH more!
This is such a MOTIVATIONAL chat - you just have to hear it all!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!