PREVIEW: Bulletproofing The Actor/ Agent Relationship - With Agent Alex Priestley!Feb 03, 2019
Alex Priestley is one of the new-breed of acting agents - embracing the technical demands of an ever-evolving industry, and dedicated to nurturing the talent of the 'best of the north'.
Based in Manchester, Alex headed up the actors' division at local agency, PHA, for almost a decade.
She decided to go it alone in 2018, and set up her own agency, Alex Priestley Talent - where she now represents almost 50 super-talented actors, working across top TV drama, comedy and theatre.
I invited Alex to give us the full low-down on her new venture, and to discuss the critical importance of bulletproofing the actor/ agent relationship.
During our chat, Alex and I discussed:
- 2 surprising facts, which might give actors the edge, when contacting Alex.
- The well known building Alex Priestley Talent resides in.
- Alex's history as an agent at PHA.
- The fears and politics around setting up a new agency.
- The type of actors Alex currently reps.
- What instantly turns Alex off and on, when looking for new actors.
- Why northern actors shouldn't fixate on getting a London agent.
- A typical day in the life of an agent.
- What an actor can do, to make their agent's job way easier - and guarantee MORE acting work.
- Why a great career, all starts with BELIEF.
- What older actors need to do to land great representation.
- Why social media is becoming more and more important in casting!
- What Alex would do to land representation, if she was an actor starting out today.
- Alex's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
This is a BIG podcast - get strapped in!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!