PREVIEW: Booking That Next TV Job - With Casting Director Rachel Sheridan CDG!Jul 22, 2020
*Act On This members get access to the FULL 2 HOUR recording of this feature, in BOTH video and audio-only formats. CLICK HERE to grab your PREMIUM membership NOW!
Rachel is one of the UK's TOP TV casting directors, responsible for casting BRAND NEW BBC One comedy The Other One, BBC Three comedy In My Skin, and C4/ Netflix comedy Feel Good.
In this 2 HOUR chat, we dive into Rachel's casting process, discover what YOU need to do, to get on Rachel's casting radar, and members of Act On This jump on camera for some 1-2-1 career advice too!
During the broadcast, we discuss:
- Rachel's entry into the industry and how she ended up becoming a casting director.
- Why casting directors need agents too.
- The biggest hurdle stopping most actors from booking their first TV job.
- What Rachel would do, if she were an actor, looking for her next TV job.
- The things most casting directors need to see from you, in order to give you a chance.
- Showreels - and recording scenes from well known shows.
- Using existing TV credits as currency to get your next.
- Breaking into the UK TV market, if you live abroad.
- How to stand out in the market, if you're in the majority.
- Signing with acting agents, who also rep casting directors.
- Getting a 2nd chance from a casting director, after a bad audition.
- Branding - and whether you can go too niche.
- Using Zoom for self-tapes.
- The frustrations of having your role cut, once you've landed the job.
- The ONE thing Rachel wants EVERY actor to know.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
If you want more TV auditions - you NEED this in your life.
You NEED this chat in your life!
Watch a PREVIEW of this broadcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!