PREVIEW: Booking Roles In The Best Independent Films - With Director Jason Wingard!Jul 28, 2019
Over the past few weeks, I've recorded podcasts with some SUPER-talented actors, branching out into the world of short film, for the very first time.
I'm all about actors creating their own work, rather than waiting for their agent to call, but I'm aware that not every actor is quite ready for that.
For that reason, I wanted to introduce the community to a director, who I've seen give more first chances to actors, than anyone else I know - Jason Wingard.
If you're not quite ready to create your own films, it's people like Jason, who you really want to be giving value to, in order to land roles and gain experience at the highest level.
I invited Jason over for a chat about his new film, Pavement - starring the awesome Steve Evets, and to find out how YOU can work on projects like this too!
During our chat, we discuss:
- The first time I interviewed Jason, back in 2011.
- How he turned £100 into £30,000, by winning ONE short-film festival.
- His latest cinema release - 'Eaten By Lions'.
- The premise of Jason's newest film 'Pavement'.
- The huge advantages of creating your own work.
- Why taking risks is good, and the time Jason went to New York with just £20 to his name.
- Why Jason ALWAYS pays his actors, even if he can't pay his crew.
- How to get into the 20% of actors, that Jason likes to cast.
- Why vulnerability is an actor's most VALUABLE attribute.
- The best ways to network with independent filmmakers.
- Jason's transition into TV directing.
- Ways of using social media, to seek out opportunities online.
- The blocks Jason has to fight, in order to make his films happen.
- An upcoming workshop, we both want to run for Act On This PREMIUM members.
- Jason's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
This is such an interesting chat - get ready to learn!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!