PREVIEW: Leap & The Net Will Appear - With Doctor Who's Julie Hesmondhalgh!Nov 25, 2018
Famed for playing Hayley Cropper - one of Coronation Street's most iconic characters - it looked like actress, Julie Hesmondhalgh was set for life.
Little did she know, however, that one theatre production was set to change EVERYTHING - awakening an actor within her, whom she thought she'd lost forever.
In 2014, fuelled by this new found actor within, Julie waved goodbye to the cobbles, embarking on the most uncertain journey of her acting career so far.
It was a gamble that most definitely paid off - but one that would test her confidence and self-belief to the limit.
I sat down with Julie to find out what it was that got her through, and how she's ended up starring in some of the BIGGEST shows on TV.
During our chat, Julie and I discussed:
- How happy she was at Coronation Street.
- The play that changed it all.
- How Julie's friends and family took her decision to leave Hayley Cropper behind.
- Why NO agent wanted to look at Julie, once she'd left Corrie.
- Why Julie turned down panto!
- Her first TV job after Corrie - and why it was the best summer of her life.
- The phone call to offer her a starring role in Broadchurch.
- Why she had to ring Jodie Whittaker, before accepting the role.
- What it was like working with Jodie and Bradley Walsh on Doctor Who.
- Why happy, kind actors WORK MORE!
- Julie's forthcoming book, and how she is using it to GIVE BACK!
- 5 things Julie focuses on to stay in a good state of mental health.
- Why gratitude is the key to happiness.
- Julie's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
There is SO MUCH HONESTY in this podcast - prepare to be inspired!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!