PREVIEW: Acting Agent Phone-In - With Nicola Bolton & Bryony Pulizzi (Nicola Bolton Management)!Dec 02, 2019
*Watch the video version of this podcast above, or go ahead and hit 'play' on the audio-only version below! The choice is yours!
**When we recorded this podcast, Nicola and Bryony were agents at Regan Talent Group. In July 2020, they set up a new agency - Nicola Bolton Management.
Regan Manchester - part of the Regan Talent Group are one of the leading acting agencies in the UK.
You only need to glance at the agency's Twitter feed, to see a constant stream of clients, working at the top of TV, film and theatre.
I invited senior agent Nicola Bolton, and her associate agent Bryony Pulizzi over, to record an interactive phone-in podcast, taking questions from members of Act On This, and to discuss what it takes to sign with an agency like Regan!
During our chat, we discuss:
- The history of Regan Talent Group, and Nicola and Bryony's roles within it.
- What Nicola and Bryony look for when signing new actors.
- How to get the most out of a meeting with an agent.
- What makes a good and a bad agent.
- Why a 'no' isn't a 'no' forever.
- Cover letters, and what to say when writing to an agent.
- Showreels, and what to include.
- How to form an awesome relationship with your agent.
- Why it's a partnership - and why YOU must hustle too!
- Why communication is CRITICAL.
- When it's perhaps time to look for new representation.
- Working with your agent to target specific casting directors.
- Why KNOWLEDGE of this industry is real power.
- How a simple tweak to your Spotlight profile, can turn your career around.
- How to cleverly distribute your work via social media, in order to gain opportunity.
- Nicola and Bryony's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
This is one DEEP education on agents and the industry!
Hit 'play' NOW!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!