PREVIEW: Acting Agent Phone-In - With Archie Purnell (Icon Actors Management)!Jun 16, 2019
In this FIRST for Act On This - I sit down for an acting agent phone-in with Icon Actors Management agent - Archie Purnell!
Archie is a dynamic, new breed of agent - going above and beyond to get his clients into the room, with the biggest casting directors in the UK.
This podcast is one of the most in-depth educations on agents and the industry - that you could EVER HAVE - it's ESSENTIAL listening for any actor!
THANKS SO MUCH to all of the actors who took part in this phone-in Q&A!
During our chat, Archie and I discuss:
- Archie's entry into the industry as a child actor.
- His transition to acting agent.
- What he's learnt from the various agencies he's worked for.
- What he expects of his clients, and the partnership he forms with each.
- What he's doing to ensure he gets his actors in front of the biggest casting directors in TV.
- How you should go about writing to agents, and what you need to say!
- How to sign with an agent.
- When to recognise that an actor/ agent relationship is NOT WORKING.
- When to change agents, and how to go about it.
- Drama school - and when it's necessary (or not) to go.
- Alternative routes into the industry.
- The importance of TV acting classes, and workshops.
- Why no agent will believe in you, if you don't believe in yourself.
- The reason most actors feel frustrated with their career, and what to do about it.
- Archie's TOP life lessons.
And MUCH MUCH more!
I can't stress how important the info in this chat is.
If you are looking for an agent, or you are ready to switch agents - it's CRITICAL that you hear this one.
Hit 'play' NOW!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!