PREVIEW: 10 Years To An Overnight Success - With Hollyoaks Actress Haiesha Mistry!Sep 17, 2018
Is there really such a thing as an 'overnight success'?
In my experience, the answer to that question, is a resounding NO!
Success in the acting industry, or anything worthwhile in life, for that matter, takes A LONG TIME - years, decades, or more.
That's certainly been the case for Hollyoaks actress Haiesha Mistry too.
She may look super-young, but Haiesha has been putting everything she has into the acting industry for the last 10 years, and it's only now she is able to reap the rewards of that hustle.
I caught up with Haiesha to hear all about it!
During our chat, Haiesha and I discussed:
- Why Haiesha would grab ANY opportunity to act whilst growing up.
- How she signed with her acting agent, after initially being rejected.
- Whether or not she found drama school useful.
- The time she came close to giving up on acting altogether.
- Why she had to work 5 non-acting jobs, just to earn enough to survive.
- Where she was when she got the call for Hollyoaks.
- How social media is affecting EVERYONE'S mental health.
- What it was like to win at The British Soap Awards.
- The importance of HARD WORK!
- What 'success' means to Haiesha.
- Haiesha's advice for any actor who's frustrated by their career right now.
And MUCH MUCH more!
I know I say this a lot - but this really is a MUST-LISTEN!
Listen to a PREVIEW of this podcast above, then grab your PREMIUM membership to unlock the full chat!
It's waiting for you in the Members' Area!