Watch a PREVIEW of this episode above!
Click here to see how we use revenue from PREMIUM memberships to help fund some FANTASTIC charities!
Welcome to another episode of #ActOnThisTV!
Today's guest is none other than 'Leading Actress' BAFTA nominee Ruth Madeley!
I met Ruth whilst auditioning for Jack Thorne's BAFTA-winning BBC drama 'Don't Take My Baby' back in 2014, and have wanted to get her on Act On This ever since.
Ruth is not only a phenomenal actress, but also a massive inspiration - having continually beaten the odds in both her acting career and in life itself. Born with spina bifida and a spinal condition known as scoliosis, Ruth grew up thinking that the acting industry wouldn't be open to people like her.
Her journey to BAFTA fame has been a long and winding one for sure!
During our chat, Ruth and I discuss:
- Why you don't need drama school to be nominated for a BAFTA.
- The audition process we both went through for 'Don't Take My Baby'.
- Getting in the zone before highly emotional audition scenes.
- Losing out on castings that you know you are PERFECT for.
- If disabled actors are represented well enough in TV?
- Being nominated for a BAFTA in the same category as your acting heroes.
- What it's like behind the scenes at the BAFTAs.
- Ruth's hopes and fears for the future.
- Ruth's most valuable advice to anyone starting out in the acting industry today.
And MUCH MUCH more!
If you have a dream, but you're facing adversity right now - you NEED to watch this!
Keep Up With Ruth On Twitter!
To find out more about Ruth, make sure you follow her on Twitter!
Simply click the follow button below:
If you don't have a Twitter account, get a FREE one NOW!