2 Weeks That Changed Her Life – Krissi Bohn On Her New Role In Coronation Street!
After seeing soap newcomer Krissi Bohn explode onto the cobbles as Jenna Kamara in ITV’s Coronation Street last week, we just had to invite her into the Act On This studio for a chat about the extraordinary twist of fate that lead to her landing the role, as well as all things Weatherfield!
Up until July this year Krissi was actually training as an NHS healthcare worker, after taking a break from her acting career and putting her dreams of success on hold.
7 years of struggle in the industry since leaving drama school had taken it’s toll and Krissi was aiming for a more stable career and future.
An email from her old agent was about to change everything, and within the space of 2 short weeks, Krissi’s life was to be turned upside down!
During the time Ross spent with Krissi, the pair discussed:
- The reality of leaving drama school, and the fact that having an agent upon graduation is absolutely no guarantee of success.
- The importance of understanding the audition process BEFORE auditioning for anything!
- Krissi’s decision to take a break from her acting career.
- The email that was to change Krissi’s career forever.
- The importance of taking regular TV acting classes.
- The audition process that lead to Krissi landing the role of Jenna in Corrie.
- Her first couple of months, and what Krissi is learning from the other cast members on the show.
And MUCH MUCH more!
Krissi was an absolute pleasure to chat with, and a this podcast proves that as actors we NEVER know just what the future has in store for us!
Keep Up With Krissi On Twitter!
To find out more about Krissi make sure you follow her on Twitter!
Simply click the follow button below:
If you don’t have a Twitter account, get a FREE one NOW!
Listen To The Podcast
Click ‘play’ on the player below to listen to the podcast!
Premium content Our features are EXCLUSIVE to members of Act On This! This podcast is Premium content. To listen to this podcast please login to a Premium account or sign up for a Premium membership.
Krissi’s Nominated Charity – Back Up – Transforming Lives After Spinal Cord Injury
Act On This is proud to be helping out some great charities through our Insider Podcasts!
For each podcast we produce with a special guest like the lovely Krissi here, we are now donating £100 to a charity of the guest’s choice.
Krissi’s nominated charity is Back Up – a great charity supporting people who have suffered from spinal cord injury.
Watch the video below to find out more about spinal cord injury:
- There are an estimated 40,000 people in the UK living with a spinal cord injury.
- Every eight hours, someone’s life will change forever in the UK because of being spinal cord injury.
- Spinal cord injury affects people of all ages and backgrounds; it can happen to anyone at any time.
Spinal cord injuries are most commonly caused by road traffic accidents, falls, illness or sporting accidents.
Your spinal cord carries messages between your brain and your body (muscles, skin and organs). A spinal cord injury is sudden and the impact on an individual can be huge. It is not just about a loss of mobility but also the effect on bodily functions. Aside from the physical impact, spinal cord injury can have a significant psychological impact on the person with the injury and their family.
Depression and anxiety are not uncommon in those affected by spinal cord injury. Many people feel that the things most important to them in life may never be the same.
At Back Up we understand that a spinal cord injury can be devastating, but we believe that it should not prevent anyone from getting the most out of life.
Learn more about spinal cord injury at Back Up’s website.
You can also hook up with Back Up by;
Following Back Up on Twitter:
Like reading our articles? Then GET INVOLVED! We value the opinions of our members greatly, and would love to hear your thoughts on the article you just read! Share your thoughts in the comments section below!